Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Variations on a theme: Chicken and Cannellini bean soup with Kale

Variations on a theme: Chicken and Cannellini bean soup with Kale.

Hey, I never said I was innovative, did I?

I think you know how this all starts:

Kale. Chop it, wash it.
Photobucket

Onion. Slice it.
Photobucket

Garlic. Mince it.
Photobucket

Chicken thighs. Bite size chunks.
Photobucket

Season the chicken chunks with salt, and this stuff. I know, it feels like cheating to me, too.
Photobucket

Here are some other things you'll need:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Okay. Brown the chicken in a bit of olive oil.
Photobucket

Remove, and add the pepper flakes and the bay leaf. Reduce heat.
Photobucket

After 30 seconds or so, add the onion. Brown.
Photobucket

Add garlic.
Photobucket

Deglaze with the wine. Scrape the bottom of the pot to get the fond up.
Photobucket

Dump the kale in.
Photobucket

Return the chicken, add the beans and the tomato.
Photobucket

Add stock until you like the consistency. Add the nam pla, and the thyme. Simmer for half an hour to let the flavors mingle. After 20 minutes, add the vinegar.
Photobucket

Serve with parmesan cheese, and the chopped parsley.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dude, you have a blog?! you need to let people know so we can bask in the awesome that is Lex!

good looking recipes, sir. =)

Lex Marburger said...

It's cross-posted to facebook, so I figured if anyone cared, they'd take a look.

Yr blogspot profile is set to private. You got a blog I can link to?